INDUSTRIAL PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM & MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
The consortium offers a two-tiered membership plan, including full and associate memberships, with different fee structures. Start-ups and small businesses have the option of becoming an associate member with a nominal fee and with reduced rights commensurate with their support for the center.
The consortium provides the following benefits to its member companies:
- intellectual property agreements, including licenses and copyrightable materials
- teams of PIs, center personnel, and graduate students working on relevant projects,
- access to research data, presentations, and reports,
- participation in semi-annual meetings and workshops,
- seat in the consortium industrial advisory board,
- authorization to vote on the Center's research projects, and
- interactions with center faculty.
In addition, the Center also provides
- summer and long-term internships for students,
- visiting faculty programs,
- embedded engineer and practitioner sabbatical programs through which representatives from industrial partners can spend some time in academia,
- certificate programs to which partners can enroll,
- an invited lecturer program,
- industrial white papers,
- developer workshops,
- partner enablement & technology showcases.
The center and each of its industrial partners sign a membership agreement, detailing members’ rights, intellectual property sharing, and publication policies.