NSF announced a Big Data Regional Innovation Spokes initiative for establishing multi-institutional and multi-sector collaborations (i.e., across academia, industry, government, non-profits, etc.) focused on big data challenges of specific interest to a given region
Funding is available to extend the existing Big Data (BD) Hubs network: working in concert with the corresponding regional BD Hub, each BD Spoke will work on a particular topic that requires Big Data approaches and solutions (video).
Each BD Spoke submission to the NSF requires a letter of intent by January 12, 2016 and each letter of intentneeds to be accompanied with a letter of support from the regional BD hub. To facilitate this process, the West BD hub requires a 2-page pre-proposal by December 18th. Guidelines for the 2-pagers are posted here: http://eepurl.com/bH3TrD
In order to help bootstrap partnerships and enable successful submissions, on December 10, at ASU campus in Tempe, Arizona, we will host the Executive Director of the West BD hub, Meredith Lee, for a series of stakeholder meetings with potentially interested parties from different sectors, including academia, state/local governments, NGOs, and industry.
The draft agenda for the NSF West Big Data Innovation Spokes Stakeholder Meeting on December 10th is as follows:
- 9-10am Individual/small group meetings (Devil’s Oasis Room, 2nd Floor of College Avenue Commons)
- 10:30-12:30am Roundtable meeting, Presentation, and Q&A (Devil’s Oasis Room, 2nd Floor of College Avenue Commons)
- 10:30-10:45am Introductions
- 10:45-11:15am Presentation and Q&A
- Meredith Lee, Executive Director, West Big Data Innovation Hub
- 11:15-12:30am Roundtable
- stakeholders share what they are working on, ideas for how the hub can help their efforts, topics for collaboration
- Lunch break
- 1:30-5:30pm Individual/small group meetings (Fulton Center, Suite 310, Conference room 3190 )
Small Group Meeting Slot Reservations
You can reserve meeting slots with the Executive Director of the West Big Data Innovation Hub using this registration link.
If you will be traveling to the roundtable from out of state, you can find nearby hotel information at this link.